Friends of Osprey Junction Trailhead (FOJT) is a volunteer organization that supports, promotes and enhances Osprey Junction Trailhead, a Sarasota County park adjacent to The Legacy Trail. FOJT is a Chapter of Friends of Sarasota County Parks, a 501c3 non-profit organization.
- Partner with Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources to assist in the development, operation, maintenance and improvement of Osprey Junction Trailhead.
- Support the development and operation of a Visitor Center which will provide increased opportunities for the public to enjoy the park.
- Implement programs, projects and events that encourage enjoyable visitor experiences and increase public use of the park.
- Commit to diversity, equity and inclusion as key elements in all FOJT activities so all perspectives, voices and people are recognized and considered.
- Use, showcase and educate the public about Florida-Friendly Landscaping Principles and Sarasota County sustainability programs.
- Partner with organizations supportive of FOJT to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Promote The Legacy Trail, a Sarasota County park, by providing services, information and accessible facilities to enhance public use of the Trail.
- Recruit and retain volunteers and reward those who make notable contributions to FOJT goals.
- Raise funds with grants, sponsorship programs, activities and donations to achieve FOJT goals.